English country inspired wedding, Q&A with bride Annie
1. When and how did you get engaged?
We were skiing in France with a group of friends in March 2017. Simon presented me with an empty box whilst on a ski lift, it was a hairy moment as I couldn’t work out what was going on and he had a look of shock on his face as he thought the ring had fallen to the ground but luckily he quickly found it in his pocket & the rest is history. He spent the rest of the lift journey looking pale after thinking he’d lost the ring. We still laugh about it now.
2. Can you describe your wedding in 3 words?
Best…. Day…… Ever
3. How many guests did you have at your wedding?
4. What did you find most surprising about planning a wedding?
The amount of choice there is for every little detail. With Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook, it’s easy to find so many options and inspiration for everything which means it’s now possible to do anything.
5. What did you find most challenging about planning your wedding?
6. Do you have any words of advice for brides and grooms about to start planning their wedding day?
Do as much planning as you can ahead of the big day so when the week comes around you can enjoy the build up and not stress. Most of all enjoy all of it as it all goes so quick.
7. Tell me about your dress and why you chose it? Did you try many?
It’s by Mikaella Bridal and purchased from a friends shop, The White Boutique in Leamington Spa. I tried it on with my Mum and Bridesmaid Jo, we all knew instantly it stood out from any others. I went to a couple of other shops but didn’t try too many as didn’t want to confuse myself. When I went to try it again I knew instantly it was the one.
8. What was the most memorable part of your day?
Walking out of the Church together hand in hand and down the church path with all our guests throwing confetti. At that point all the nerves were over and it was such a special moment to have all our friends and family there celebrating with us.
9. If you could do anything differently what would you do and why?
We were so lucky the day couldn’t have been any better and so wouldn’t change a thing.
10. Where are you going on honeymoon and why?
Sri Lanka and The Maldives. We wanted a mix of culture and travel with luxury and relaxation at the end. This combination seemed ideal and we knew we would never have this chance again so wanted to make the most of it.
Photography: Hannah Buckland Photography
Second Photographer: Oliver Holder
Florist: Jenny Fleur
Makeup: Sasha Brown Makeup Artist
Dress: The White Boutique
Band: The Jacks
Marquee: Westcountry Marquees